Commons Racquet Club Covid operating plan
A safe place to play Tennis & Pickleball
With the release of BC's reopening plan, our Commons Racquet Club is partially open. We will be continuing to monitor the COVID-19 government recommendations and advise when we can resume our full operations. Our Club opening plan is based on five key factors:
1. Safety of Members, Staff and the Predator Ridge Community
2. Reducing “touch points”
3. Limiting Club access
4. Strictly enforcing physical distancing measures
5. Enhancing cleaning procedures
It is important that to realize that this is not business as usual. We must adapt to the new normal.
We’ve increased cleaning schedules including ongoing sanitization of hands and hard surfaces after contact with each guest, high-touch areas are being disinfected continuously throughout the day and washrooms are cleaned hourly.
If you are experiencing any flu like symptoms you are asked to remain at home. Do not play if you are considered vulnerable or at risk.
Property access is not permitted if you are in self isolation as a result of travel on mass transit from international travel (14 days) or for anyone who has been exposed to a known or potential case of COVID-19 (14 days).
PHASE 3 OPERATING PLAN GUIDELINES
• Play is open to Members, Public & Hotel Guests
• There will be no league play or workshops.
• Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 9:00pm
• Saturday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
• Sunday: 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Tennis Courts 1 & 2 (inside) will be playable for singles or doubles play.
- Tennis Courts 3 & 4 (outside) will be playable for singles or doubles play. Court 4 has a temporary pickleball net and lines and can be used for pickleball play.
- Pickleball Courts 2 & 4 (inside) will be playable for singles or doubles play.
- Pickleball Courts 1 & 3 (inside) will be closed.
- Pickleball and Tennis Lessons with Joachim will be restricted to private or semi-private (within the same household). Please contact Joachim via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your lesson.
- No towels or water will be provided.
- No spectators allowed.
- Ball machines will not be available to rent.
- Only four people will be allowed in the Clubhouse at one time.
- The accessible washroom will be the only washroom available. Showering will not be permitted.
- All players will be asked to sanitize their hands before using the door to the dome and sanitize again once they are through the revolving door. Players will also be asked to sanitize hands before entering and exiting the Clubhouse. Sanitizer stations will be located at entry and exit points.
- Players must arrive on time for their booking. You will not be permitted to arrive early.
- There will be a 10 minute no play period at the end of each booking segment.
- Each player must use their own balls. All players must clearly mark their balls as their own.
- Whomever is serving uses their own balls. Other players can pass back the ball to the owner by using their racquet only. Ensure NO physical contact between players.
- • As much as possible, keep a 2 meter distance with other players. • At the end of play, touch racquets instead of shaking hands. •Players will not change ends during a match.
- We ask that you leave 10 minutes prior to the end of your booking.
- • Please sanitize your hands before leaving the facility. • Members are not permitted to stay and gather after their play.
- In order to play, everyone MUST accept and complete an electronic declaration acknowledging COVID-19 protocols prior to accessing the Commons Racquet Club facility, no exceptions.
For further information, please feel free to visit the following pages for additional resources, outlined orders and protocols: