Join us for a special wine event with CheckMate Artisanal Winery and award-winning wine maker Philip McGahan.
Led by Anthony Von Mandl, Checkmate is one of the most prestigious wineries in British Columbia offering a premiere collection of single lot premium Chardonnay and Merlot from the south Okanagan.
Checkmate will be bringing a selection of their Chardonnay and Merlots for tasting, which will be paired with food stations. This will be a standing cocktail event accompanied by their wine maker and live entertainment by Vancouver native, Melanie Dekker.
DATE: Friday, June 14, 2019
TIME: 6:30pm onwards
WHERE: Private Event space & patio (lower level of clubhouse)
TICKETS: Advanced ticket purchase is required. Tickets available online only at: Store.PredatorRidge.com
- Assorted in-house chef made sushi & sashimi bar
- Chardonnay & wild mushroom risotto with fresh herbs
- Butter chicken sliders with fennel slaw
- Confit duck poutine with merlot demi-glace
- Charcuterie & cheese served with crackers, spreads and crostini
- Spanish paella with spiced seafood
- Merlot braised pork belly with pureed root vegetables and pickles
- Baked Italian meatballs with fresh basil and balsamic reduction
Tickets are limited and available on a first come first served basis. Advanced ticket purchase required. Tickets can be purchased online only via Store.PredatorRidge.com. This is an adult only event. Must be 19 years or older to attend.
* Taxes & gratuities extra.
"This is a complex chardonnay project. I am not going to use the Burgundy word but there is a resemblance to the Old World style. That said, why not think of Checkmate as part of the Next World style and the Next Okanagan."
–Anthony Gismondi, Wine Writer, Critic & Judge
About the Winemaker
Australian born lawyer turned intellectual winemaker, Philip McGahan left Williams Selyem in the Russian River Valley, Sonoma, to take up the challenge at CheckMate Artisanal Winery. At CheckMate, everything is tended to by hand: all the canopy management, leaf-pulling and cluster-thinning is done manually to ensure precision and gentleness.