UPDATE JULY 8, 2018:
WHAT AN AMAZING COMMUNITY WE LIVE IN! THE PREDATOR RIDGE COMMUNITY HAS RAISED MORE THAN $83,915 FOR THE OKANAGAN RAIL TRAIL!
This total includes $33,915 raised in June by our community, $25,000 donated by Predator Ridge as part of our matching campaign promise and the $25,000 donation made by the Paul Docksteader foundation last fall.
Together we have funded close to 525 metres of the Okanagan Rail Trail. A special thank you to everyone who helped us with this substantial initiative.
HELP US RAISE $50,000 FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE OKANAGAN RAIL TRAIL!
The fundraising campaign for the Okanagan Rail Trail Initiative is almost complete reaching 98% of their funding goal and this amazing new 48.5km trail is slated to be complete this year!
We are challenging our community to raise money to help finish the trail! Predator Ridge will match all donations up to $25,000!
HOW TO DONATE
- Visit OkanaganRailTrail.ca
- Go to the DONATE page
- Under DONOR TYPE, select PERSONAL
- Enter PREDATOR RIDGE in the MESSAGE FOR CENTRAL OKANAGAN FOUNDATION text box
All donations over $25 will be given a tax receipt!
WHAT IS THE OKANAGAN RAIL TRAIL?
A local initiative to convert a magnificent discontinued 48.5km rail corridor between Coldstream and Kelowna into a legacy trail along lakefront, creeks and unique natural habitats. This trail will benefit us all at Predator Ridge, as we are just minutes from what will be a truly world-class trail. Stay tuned for more initiatives that we will be launching at Predator Ridge to help you access this amazing new trail!
IT WILL TAKE A COMMUNITY TO BUILD A LEGACY
When local governments, with financial support from the Province of British Columbia, stepped forward to purchase the discontinued CN rail corridor, they provided us with an unparalleled opportunity to create a legacy for our communities. Now it’s our turn to make this trail happen…1 metre at a time!
THE PREDATOR RIDGE CHALLENGE
Every $160 donated will fund one metre of construction. Our goal is to provide $50,000 and fund 312.5 meters!
Donations can be made online through the Okanagan Rail Trail website at: https://okanaganrailtrail.ca/donate#donate-now
To ensure your donation is matched in our challenge, please make sure to indicate that you are donating through the Predator Ridge fundraiser during the donation checkout process.
WHAT IF I'VE ALREADY DONATED TO THE OKANAGAN RAIL TRAIL INITIATIVE?
If you have already made a donation to the Rail Trail Initiative, please let us know as it WILL count toward the community donation challenge total. Please email email@example.com to report any previous donations you've made.
OKANAGAN RAIL TRAIL QUICK FACTS
- $22 million - purchase price of discontinued rail corridor
- $50 million - asking price
- $7.86 million - estimated cost to construct the trail
- 48.5km - length of trail when completed (17.8km in Kelowna | 2.3km in Okanagan Indian Band | 16.3km in Lake Country | 12.1km in North Okanagan)
- 24km - total distance of lakefront, creeks and truly unique natural habitats along the trail
- 1.3% - maximum grade of trail
- 212,000 - combined estimated population of communities along the trail
- 588,000 - estimated # of annual users by year 5
- 43 - number of cultural and recreational points of interest within 500 metres of trail