Click on each event, for more details
- April 1: Easter Brunch and Egg Hunt
Fitness Centre Closed
- April 6: The Shop Opening
- April 8: Yoga Sunday Workshop: Yin Yoga
- April 9: Mountain Biking 101 Clinic
- April 11: Practice Facility Opening
- April 12: Mountain Biking Maintenance Clinic
- April 15: Dirty Feet Trail Race
Yoga Sunday Workshop: KINSTRETCH
- April 18: Golf Opening Day
Member Services Opening
Vernon Folk-Roots Music Society Concert - The Black Hen Roadhouse
- April 19: Swing Like a Girl Clinic
Thursday Golf Clinic with Kyla
- April 21: Swing Like a Girl Clinic
Taste Lake Country - Scenic Sip Event
- April 22: Yoga Sunday Workshop: Foam Roller
Taste Lake Country - Scenic Sip Event
- April 24: Swing Like a Girl & Network
Health & Happiness Workshop
- April 25: The Joy Within Workshop
- April 26: Thursday Golf Clinic with Kyla
- April 28: Swing Like a Girl Clinic
- April 29: Yoga Sunday Workshop: Yin Yoga
COMING IN MAY: Fitness & Golf Fundamental Clinics, Yoga Workshops, Golf, Yoga & Wine Retreat & more!
► HOURS OF OPERATION
Weekdays: 6:00AM - 8:00PM : Weekends: 7:00AM - 8:00PM
CLOSED ON EASTER SUNDAY (April 1)
► FITNESS CLASSES
Get moving this month with your choice of 20 classes/week for just $75/month (unlimited) or purchase a 10-class punch pass for $110 or drop-in for just $14/class*
MORE CLASSES COMING IN MAY! Do you want to see any of our class times changes? Or do you have any requests for new classes? Come talk to Susan or send an email to: email@example.com
► YOGA SUNDAYS
DATES: April 8, 15, 22 & 29 | TIME: 2:00PM - 4:00PM
COST: Homeowners: $25* each (OR 4 classes for $80) | Guests: $30* each.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Register at the Fitness Centre or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 8 - Yin Yoga with Jen
- April 15 - KINSTRETCH with Steve (see below for more details on this awesome workshop)
- April 22 - Foam Roller/Yoga with Claudia
- April 29 - Yin Yoga with Jen
What is it? A movement enhancement system that develops maximum body control, flexibility and USABLE ranges of motion. The KINSTRETCH system is one born out of scientific research. All of the movements and training techniques have been selected based on a meticulous and rigorous investigation of evidence, conducted by physical conditioning and medical experts, as it pertains to body control, injury prevention, joint health, and physical longevity.
Unlike many training systems, KINSTRETCH practice is complete with a self-assessment system allowing you the ability to monitor your own body for dysfunction that may be causing pain, loss of performance, or that may be putting you at an increased chance of injury.
Benefits of a KINSTRETCH practice
- Improved movement capacity
- Improved flexibility, mobility and agility
- Improved physical performance
- Improved body awareness and control
- Injury prevention/mitigation and management
- Improved strength
- Increased neurological function
- Improved range of motion
- Weight loss
► BEGINNER SWIM
Move your swimming indoors for the winter and improve your skills, while having fun. Join Joey & Alicia for adult beginner and stroke technique sessions. Tuesdays at 1:00pm
► INDOOR FOOTWEAR REMINDER. In order to keep our fitness centre and equipment looking its best (as well as for safety reasons) we are enforcing a strict indoor only shoe rule. Thank you for your cooperation.
► COMING IN MAY. Outdoor Hiking Group starts May 24. Bike Rentals. Tennis Court Bookings & more!
► RANGE LOUNGE & GRILL
UNTIL APRIL 14 - OPEN Friday & Saturday - 4:00pm - 10:00pm
AS OF APRIL 18 - OPEN DAILY - 8:00am - 10:00pm
Until April 14, enjoy our popular theme nights including:
- Friday Pub Night. Weekly feature craft brews & comfort foods.
- Saturday Date Night. Enjoy weekly featured 3-course meal for two with paired bottle of wine for $99.95*.
- + BOOK RESERVATIONS ONLINE
UNTIL APRIL 14 - OPEN DAILY - 11:00am - 4:00pm (until 9:00pm Tue, Wed & Thurs)
AS OF APRIL 18 - OPEN DAILY - 11:00am - 4:00pm
DINE-IN OR TAKE-AWAY AVAILABLE | PHONE: (250) 503-3405
WEEKLY SPECIALS (until April 17)
- Tuesday Pizza Night. Two pizzas of your choice+ family-sized Caesar salad + 1L of house wine = $49.95*
- Wednesday Chicken on the Run. Roasted Sterling Springs Chicken + roast potatoes + fall vegetables + family-sized Caesar salad. = $35.95*
- Thursday Night Chef's Special
- Happy Hour. Daily from 2-4pm
► COMMONAGE MARKET
OPEN DAILY: 7:00AM - 8:00PM
Commonage Market is open year-round and ready to serve all of your grocery needs at Predator Ridge. Check out our chef-prepared gourmet heat & eat frozen entrées and pair with a bottle of your favourite Okanagan wine.
DON'T MISS OUR WEEKLY SPECIALS SENT OUT BY EMAIL EACH WEEK!
As of January 1, the KurSpa no longer accepts Predator Ridge Resort Guests and in its place has extended a new policy to Predator Ridge Homeowners.
- All Homeowners are now welcome to bring up to two (2) additional guests with them as Day Guests.
- The $40 + tax per guest Day pass fee is still applicable.
- Any KurSpa treatment requests are based on availability.
- The Homeowner must be present and staying in the KurSpa with their Guest at all times. This means a Homeowner is not able to drop a guest off to use the KurSpa, they need to be staying with them in the KurSpa.
- Homeowners can register and book treatments directly with KurSpa Reception as previously done, please note all homeowners and guests must be registered with the KurSpa reception prior to arrival. This will ensure we have sufficient lockers ready.
- The Homeowner must have a current Predator Ridge Homeowner card present with their resident identification number on it.
If you have any questions or if you would like to book you and your guests in, please contact the KurSpa directly by phone at: (250) 541-2155 or by email at: email@example.com
Did you know that we have an award-winning culinary team leading our food & beverage here at Predator Ridge? We are lucky to have some of the best chefs in the Okanagan and we are proud to announce the following awards won by our team.
► Our extremely talented Pastry Chef, Tina Tang was awarded the 2017 Canadian Culinary Federation Western Conference Chef of the year, as well as the Okanagan Chefs Association 2017 Chef of the Year. This is an outstanding achievement for any chef, let alone someone of her age. We are excited to have Tina join us for another season to showcase her talent through our menus.
► Nigel King was awarded the Okanagan Chefs Association 2017 Junior Chef of the Year award. Nigel has been an active junior member and one of the up and coming chefs at Predator Ridge and throughout the Okanagan Valley for the last 3 years and will be commencing his 4th season with us this year.
► Denise Koepke was the winner of the Okanagan Chefs Association Iron Chef Challenge, up against the best junior chefs in the Okanagan Valley. She will also be commencing her 4th season with us this year and will continue to grow as a talented young chef.
Please join me in congratulating these amazing chefs that we are fortunate to have in our team year over year.
Sanjaya Mangalagama, Executive Chef
► OPENING DAY
The entire golf team is excited to welcome you back on April 18. We will be hosting two shotguns on April 18th, 8:30am and 200pm. Confirmations for these shotguns have already been sent. If you are unsure if you are playing in either of the shotguns please contact Member Services at: firstname.lastname@example.org. All tee times previously booked between April 11 - 17 have now been cancelled.
► MEMBER SERVICES
Member Services will open on April 18 and will be open daily from 6:00am - 3:00pm. Come stop by for a coffee, muffin or just to say hi to our staff!
► ONLINE BOOKING TRAINING SEMINARS
We will be hosting a series of 3 training seminars this month, for our Members to familiarize themselves with using our new online booking system. In these seminars, we will walk you through the entire booking process, as well as review the online booking policies and answer any questions you might have.
The training seminars will be held in the Commonage Ballroom, located in the Clubhouse lower level on the following dates:
> April 12 @ 4:30pm – 2-hour live Jonas Training in the Commonage Ballroom
> April 17 @ 4:30pm – 2-hour live Jonas Training in the Commonage Ballroom
> April 26 @ 4:30pm – 2-hour live Jonas Training in the Commonage Ballroom
If you are unable to attend one of these seminars, Member Services staff will be happy to help train and answer any questions you might have.
► DUES PAYMENT
A reminder, unless you have completed your notice of intent form and indicated that you will be inactive for the 2018 season, we will be charging your member account during the first week of April.
Dues for the 2018 season will be:
Society Upgrade Program: $1,500
Cottage Rental Program: $1,500
Inactive Membership Status (Per Person): $1,800
For 2018, cash, cheque or debit will be accepted for payment. As disclosed in 2015, we are no longer accepting credit cards as a form of payment for annual dues.
All members will have the 2018 annual dues automatically billed to their account on: April 1, 2018. Payment must be received by: May 1, 2018
If payment is not received by: June 1, 2018 a non-refundable, $250 late fee will be applied to your account. All member benefits will then be suspended which includes playing privileges. After June 1, 2018 any member who had previously declined activation and then decides to opt-in for dues will not receive any further proration of fees.
► 2018 MEMBER EVENTS
We've got a lot of great events planned for the 2018 season. Sign up will be available inside of Member Services once the season starts on April 18, 2018. + Please click here to view the upcoming schedule
Just 10 minutes from Predator Ridge, indulge in Lake Country's eight Scenic Sip wineries for an unforgettable food & wine experience. "Taste Lake Country" showcases the diverse wines of the region paired with culinary bites at each winery.
Scenic Sip TLC Event - Taste Lake Country 2018
DATE: April 21, 2018 - April 22, 2018
TIME: From: 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
COST: $35 per person plus GST per day
LOCATIONS: Scenic Sip Wineries: The Chase Wines, Ex Nihilo, Arrowleaf, Ancient Hill, 50th Parallel, Gray Monk, Blind Tiger, Intrigue Wines
TICKETS: Available NOW at participating wineries.
Improve your game this season with the Academy. All 2018 programs and prices are now available at: PredatorRidge.com/Golf .
NEW FOR 2018: Spring Deals including:
- 30-MINUTE PRIVATE LESSONS with Sean Burke
- CLUB FITTING SPECIAL with Sean Burke
- GROUP LESSON SPECIAL with Sean Burke
- THURSDAY GOLF CLINICS with Kyla Inaba
- FITNESS & GOLF FUNDAMENTALS with Kyla Inaba
- COUPLES GOLF, YOGA & WINE RETREATS with Kyla Inaba
APRIL SWING LIKE A GIRL CLINIC DATES
- Thursday, April 19 with A.J. Eathorne
- Saturday, April 21 with Kyla Inaba
- Saturday, April 28 with Kyla Inaba
The Vernon Folk-Roots Music Society proudly present, The Black Hen Travelling Roadshow on April 18th. Don't miss this amazing collaboration of musical talents with: Steve Dawson, Leeroy Stagger, Steve Marriner, and Ndidi Onukwulu.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5uDooGp_dw (Steve Dawson with Colin Linden, Sonny Landreth and friends
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COlFD7OCUrA (Leeroy Stagger’s new single)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzIlczYcowo (Steve Marriner with Monkey Junk)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYxoHTfNoyY (Ndidi Onukwulu)
DATE: Wednesday, April 18, 2018
WHERE: Vernon Lodge, 3914 32 Street, Vernon
TIME: Doors open at 6:30pm, concert at 7:30pm
Food and beverages will be available at the show, so please arrive early and hungry!
COST: Tickets $30 | VFRMS members $25
- Tickets are on sale now at www.ticketseller.ca
- Two weeks before the show at The Bean Scene
- Or at the door (cash only)
Plan to attend, get your seats now and bring friends…It’s going to be an awesome show!
The acclaimed Black Hen Roadshow is back, and better than ever. Coming to stages across Canada in the spring of 2018, this third incarnation of the travelling revue features one of our best line-up of artists yet. It’s going to be an evening of unique collaborations and authentic musical entertainment like no other, cementing the Roadshow as one of the finest touring showcases of contemporary roots music in the country.
Steve Dawson and his Black Hen label need no introduction to Canadian roots music fans. A musician’s musician in the truest sense, he is both a highly sought-after producer and in demand performer. Known for bringing the best out of everyone he works with; the multiple Juno Award winner and renowned guitar slinger couldn’t be more excited about taking this incredible group of musicians on the road. “Each of these powerhouse performers has their own unique artistic voice, and having, them all together on stage at once is guaranteed to create plenty of musical magic.”
Leeroy Stagger has had a very good couple of years. In 2015, the seasoned troubadour surprised many when he outpaced all other comers, to win Alberta’s 2nd annual Peak Performance Project. Since then the Vancouver native, now living in Lethbridge, has been moving from strength to strength, steadily building his fan base through touring and his new radio show on CKUA - and just last month, releasing a highly anticipated new album, that’s garnering rave reviews and plenty of radio airplay too! Live, Stagger delivers his from-the-heart songs with an authenticity and power that is undeniable, making him a perfect fit for the BH Roadshow format. Both as the dynamic front man for Juno Award winning blues juggernaut Money Junk, and as a solo artist in his own right, Steve Marriner has been blowing away audiences for the better part of two decades (which is all the more remarkable, considering he’s only 32 years old). Whether he’s ripping it up on the harmonica, or crooning a classic blues ballad, the stage never fails to come alive when Steve is in the spotlight - as he proved nightly on his recent touring as part of the Colin James band.
With a stage presence that is at once beguiling and dramatically intense, Ndidi Onukwulu is a Juno nominated and Maple Blues Award winning performer who has taken her music around the world. As Exclaim! Magazine so aptly put it, “her exceptional voice blazes with confidence…sophisticated, surprising and surefooted, this is seriously heady stuff.” Needless to say we couldn’t agree more.
Registration is now open for the 16th annual Wine Women & Woods tournament raising funds for cancer equipment at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital.
Proudly presented by The Paul Docksteader Foundation
WHEN: Saturday, May 26, 2018
TIME: 1:30pm - 11:00pm
DETAILS: 9-holes on the Predator Course and 3 putting holes, followed by an Evening Gala & 19th hole reception with live & silent auction.
NEW THIS YEAR: Teams of 4 will have the option to add a 5th person (male or female) as a caddie.
THEME: It's Wine Time!