NEW KURSPA HOMEOWNERS DAY GUEST POLICY
- All Homeowners are now welcome to bring up to two (2) additional guests with them as Day Guests.
- The $40 + tax per guest Day pass fee is still applicable.
- Any KurSpa treatment requests are based on availability.
- The Homeowner must be present and staying in the KurSpa with their Guest at all times. This means a Homeowner is not able to drop a guest off to use the KurSpa, they need to be staying with them in the KurSpa.
- Homeowners can register and book treatments directly with KurSpa Reception as previously done, please note all homeowners and guests must be registered with the KurSpa reception prior to arrival. This will ensure we have sufficient lockers ready.
- The Homeowner must have a current Predator Ridge Homeowner card present with their resident identification number on it.
If you have any questions or if you would like to book you and your guests in, please contact the KurSpa directly by phone at: (250) 541-2155 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Commonage Update
- Exciting changes are coming in 2018 with the addition of the new Commons park. Some of the amenites you'll find in this new park include new tennis courts and by popular demand, new pickle ball courts! Stay tuned for details!
- We have 8 new showhomes open daily for touring in the Commonage, including our new Maverick duplex showhome. Come stop by the RESC and grab a set of keys to tour all of these beautiful homes at your own pace.
- Now Selling: Phase 2 featuring premium and estate lots, as well as 10 multi-level and 8 single-level duplex homes.
- OUT OF TOWN? Visit our showhomes page to take a 3D tour of a variety of our showhomes
Learn more at: TheCommonage.com or come visit us at the Real Estate Sales Centre today (open daily 10:00am - 4:00pm
ASK ABOUT OUR HOMEOWNER REFERRAL PROGRAM!
Events in your Backyard
- January 6: Habitat for Humanity Bottle drive
- January 7: Yin Yoga workshop
- January 10: New Fitness Centre Equipment demo
- January 14: Hips & Shoulders Yoga workshop
- January 18: Traditional Italian: Stuffed Pasta Culinary Class
- January 20: Dirty Feet Trail Snowshoe Run/Walk (5km or 10km)
- January 21: Vinyasa Yoga Foundations workshop
- January 24: Guided Snowshoe Group Hike
- January 28: Yin Yoga workshop
- January 30: Vernon Folk-Roots Music Society presents Stephen Fearing with special guest Oh Susanna (tickets available at: vernonfolkroots.com)
COMING IN FEBRUARY: Predator Ridge Parka Party, Artisan Markets, Dim Sum, Wontons & Perogies Culinary Class, Spicy Valentine Culinary Class, Valentine's Dinner & more! (Learn more about all of these events at: PredatorRidge.com/Blog)
2017 Holiday Light-Up Results
We are delighted to announce the results of our 2017 Holiday Light-Up Competition
Grand Prize Winner:
♦ 473 Longspoon Place – Vel and Terry Schmauder
This year's first prize winners have won a 2-night stay at the Hotel Eldorado in Kelowna.
♦ #39 - 333 Longspoon Drive. Homeowner: Aleksandra Zurawicz
Our runner up has won a $100 Predator Ridge gift card.
We hope you enjoyed seeing all of the beautiful light displays as much as we did and thank you again to everyone who helped bring more Christmas cheer to our community.
FROM THE FITNESS CENTRE
► HOURS OF OPERATION
Weekdays: 6:00AM - 8:00PM : Weekends: 7:00AM - 8:00PM
► FITNESS CLASSES
Happy Healthy New Year. Get moving with your choice of 20 classes/week for just $75/month (unlimited) or purchase a 10-class punch pass for $110 or drop-in for just $14/class*
► YOGA SUNDAYS
DATES: January 7, 14, 21 & 28 | TIME: 2:00PM - 4:00PM
COST: Homeowners: $25* each (OR 4 classes for $80) | Guests: $30* each.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Register at the Fitness Centre or by emailing email@example.com
- January 7 - Yin Yoga with Jen
- January 14 - Hips & Shoulders with Elise
- January 21 - Vinyasa Yoga Foundations with Niki
- January 28 - Yin Yoga with Jen
Did you know that snowshoeing is a great cardio workout that helps build strength, agility & balance? It also burns more calories than walking! Explore our 1,200 acre backyard this winter by snowshoe. Use your own or rent a pair from us!
- 1/2 day rentals - $10*
- Full day rentals - $15*
Stop by the Fitness Centre to pick up your free trail map. A reminder to please stay off the VERY FRAGILE greens and tee boxes when snowshoeing/walking on the snow covered golf courses.
- GUIDED GROUP SNOWSHOE HIKE: Join us to explore our winter wonderland backyard with a guided hike. Wednesday, January 24 @ 1pm. Starts and ends at the Fitness Centre. First timers welcome! Advanced sign up required.
► NEW EQUIPMENT! We're excited to bring in a new Smith Machine and a New Power Climber. Come join Jen for a demo on both new pieces happening Wednesday, January 10 @ 9am.
► BEGINNER/TECHNIQUE SWIM
Move your swimming indoors for the winter and improve your skills, while having fun. Join Alicia & Joey for adult beginner and stroke technique sessions. Tuesdays at 1:00pm
► VERNON MORNING STAR
We're delighted to now feature a new newspaper box at the Fitness Centre.
► INDOOR FOOTWEAR REMINDER. In order to keep our fitness centre and equipment looking its' best (as well as for safety reasons) we will be enforcing a strict indoor only shoe rule over the winter. Thank you for your cooperation.
New Executive Chef: Sanjaya Mangalagama
I am very pleased to announce the promotion of Sanjaya Mangalagama to the position of Executive Chef at Predator Ridge.
Sanjaya joined Predator Ridge in August 2013 in the position of sous chef and has been promoted through the positions of banquet chef and his most recent role as Executive sous chef.
For those of you who know Sanjaya well this promotion should come as no surprise, he is well known for his consistency, leadership and execution of large and complex events – and his low handicap!
Since completion of our banquet facility Sanjaya has led our group food program to a strong leadership position in the Okanagan earning positive customer feedback second to none in the valley. He has earned the respect and admiration of his team members and colleagues as well as recognized chefs throughout the valley.
Sanjaya will take an extended vacation through January and assume his new role immediately upon his return starting February 16, 2018. I am very proud to see Sanjaya earn this new role, please join me in congratulating him!!!
Director, Food and Beverage
Dining at Predator Ridge
- Friday Pub Night. Weekly feature craft brews & comfort foods.
- Saturday Date Night. Enjoy weekly featured 3-course meal for two with paired bottle of wine for $99.95*.
- + BOOK RESERVATIONS ONLINE
OPEN DAILY - 11:00am - 4:00pm (until 9:00pm Tue, Wed & Thurs)
DINE-IN OR TAKE-AWAY AVAILABLE | PHONE: (250) 503-3405
- Tuesday Pizza Night. Two pizzas of your choice+ family-sized Caesar salad + 1L of house wine = $49.95*. Serves 2 or 3.
- Wednesday Chicken on the Run. Roasted Sterling Springs Chicken + roast potatoes + fall vegetables + family-sized Caesar salad. = $35.95*. Serves 2 - 4.
► COMMONAGE MARKET
OPEN DAILY: 7:00AM - 8:00PM
Commonage Market is open year-round and ready to serve all of your grocery needs at Predator Ridge. Check out our chef-prepared gourmet heat & eat frozen entrées and pair with a bottle of your favourite Okanagan wine.
Predator Ridge Pastry Chef joins the BC Culinary Olympic Team
We are so proud to announce that Predator Ridge pastry chef Tina Tang has been selected to join the BC Culinary Olympic Team.
Tina is one of only 6 juniors in the entire province selected to compete internationally amongst thousands of eligible candidates.
Tina will compete in the International Culinary Olympics in Stuttgart, Germany in 2020 and in a culinary show in Luxembourg featuring products of British Columbia.
Predator Ridge has donated our banquet facility kitchen for the team to work in and practice as the event approaches and we are all excited to have some of the most talented chefs in British Columbia on property interacting with our group.
Tina has been an outstanding addition to our team and is an incredibly talented young lady – if you have attended any of our winter cooking classes with her you already know this!
I’m confident that Tina will represent British Columbia, Canada and Predator Ridge well! Good luck Tina!!
Director, Food and Beverage
The Predator Ridge Travel Club
Join our speaker Erin Butler of G Adventures who will talk about their new National Geographic Journeys; a collection of unique tours designed to take you deeper into the cultures and habitats of the destinations visited. These tours offer more inclusions, greater hands-on exploration, interaction with local experts and the freedom to roam, all within the structure and security of travelling in a small group.
TRAVEL TALK #3
DATE: Wednesday, February 7
WHERE: Lodge Great Room
* Please ensure you RSVP if you are planning on attending this session. If we do not have enough participation, the talks will unfortunately need to be cancelled.
TRAVEL PICKS updated regularly on the Homeowner Intranet Site Discussion Board Forum. (homeowners.predatorridge.com)
Predator Ridge Shoot Out in the Desert
It’s that time of year when a great number of Predator Ridge Members head south to follow the sunshine. For the past 7 years, Predator Ridge Members in the Palm Desert area have been getting together to enjoy a fun golf event away from home.
If you will be in the Palm Desert area and are interested in joining us, please email Bob Gordon at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course and exact date are still to be decided, but the event is scheduled for March 2018. We look forward to seeing you there!
Need something to read or looking for somewhere to donate your books? Come check out our huge FREE book library in the Fitness Centre. New donations are always welcome!
► NEXT HABITAT FOR HUMANITY BOTTLE DRIVE: Saturday, January 6, 2018
► USE OF THE GOLF COURSE DURING THE WINTER
As a friendly reminder, please ensure you, your guests and your pets stay off of the VERY FRAGILE greens and tee boxes on the golf courses. This includes tobogganing, nordic skiing and/or snowshoeing. This is extremely important so the delicate grasses on these areas are not damaged during their dormant periods.
If you happen to see anyone on any green or tee box, we would appreciate your assistance in informing everyone about the importance of staying off of these sensitive areas.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!