Click on each event, for more details
- May 1: Fitness & Golf Fundamentals Clinic
- May 3: Thursday Golf Clinic with Kyla
- May 6: Yoga Sunday Workshop: Yin Yoga
Swing Like a Girl Clinic
- May 7: First Responders Appreciation Day
- May 8: Fitness & Golf Fundamentals Clinic
- May 9: Annual Townhall Meeting
Swing Like a Girl Clinic
- May 10: Thursday Golf Clinic with Kyla
- May 11: Swing Like a Girl Clinic
- May 12: Terrarium Making Class
Vernon Folk-Roots Music Society Concert - The Slocan Ramblers
- May 13: Mother's Day Brunch
- May 14: Era of MegaFires presentation at the Schubert Centre
- May 15: Fitness & Golf Fundamentals Clinic
- May 19: Swing Like a Girl Clinic
- May 21: Victoria Day (no classes at the Fitness centre)
- May 22: Fitness & Golf Fundamentals Clinic
- May 24: Grand Opening of the Granite Trail; our NEW signature bike trail
Wine & Rustic Sign Night Workshop
Thursday Golf Clinic with Kyla
First Outdoor Hiking Group of 2018
- May 25: Charity Golf Clinic with Lisa "Longball" Vlooswyk
- May 26: Wine Women & Woods
Habitat for Humanity Bottle Drive
- May 26 & 27: Golf, Yoga & Wine retreat
- May 27: Yoga Sunday Workshop: KINSTRETCH
- May 31: Thursday Golf Clinic with Kyla
Group Hike: Kalamalka Park
► HOURS OF OPERATION
Weekdays: 6:00AM - 8:00PM : Weekends: 7:00AM - 8:00PM
As of May 17, open daily until 10:00pm
► FITNESS CLASSES
Get moving this month with your choice of 20 classes/week for just $75/month (unlimited) or purchase a 10-class punch pass for $110 or drop-in for just $14/class*
Do you want to see any of our class times changes? Or do you have any requests for new classes? Come talk to Susan or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
► YOGA SUNDAYS
DATES: 6 & 27 | TIME: 2:00PM - 4:00PM
COST: Homeowners: $25* each | Guests: $30* each.
ADVANCED REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Register at the Fitness Centre or by emailing email@example.com
- May 6 - Yin Yoga with Jen
- May 27 - KINSTRETCH with Steve
► 2018 GROUP HIKES
Our annual Predator Ridge Hiking group reconvenes on May 24 for the season. Every Thursday at 8:30am, join us for a group hike to a variety of trails throughout the North Okanagan.
As in previous years, we will be carpooling to each destination. We collect $5/person which goes to the driver. PLEASE PHONE BY WEDNESDAY EVENING TO SIGN UP.
First 6 hikes of the 2018 season:
- May 24: Predator Ridge Trails & information about future hikes. 1.5 - 2hours
- May 31: Kalamalka Park. 2.5 - 3 hours
- June 7: NEW Predator Ridge Granite Trail. 1.5 - 2hours
- June 14: Ellison Park. 2 hours
- June 21: Bluenose Mountain (Lavington). 2 hours
- June 28: Rim Rocks. 2 hours.
- CLICK HERE TO SEE FULL DETAILS ON EACH HIKE
► HOMEOWNER CHALLENGE
Sign up for our May challenge to walk or bike to the Fitness centre. Leave your car at home. The most KM walked and the most KM biked will receive prizes at the end of the month. Come talk to our team for more information.
Book your tennis court through the Fitness centre. Tennis racquet rentals available for $3.
► BIKE RENTALS
Bike rentals are now available from the Fitness Centre. See full details and pricing on our website at: PredatorRidge.com/Activities/Biking/Bike-Rentals
► LEARN TO ROW
The Vernon Rowing and Dragon Boat Club (VRDBC) is offering an exclusive rowing orientation for residents of Predator Ridge. The club is located on Swan Lake at the north end of Vernon. Orientation will be in a quad with two very experienced rowers and two beginners.
The club has a fleet of quad, double and single sculls. A high percentage of the club are mature men and women. After orientation is finished and you are interested, the learn to row program is 5 sessions over a 2 week period. After that unlimited rowing is offered 6 out of 7 days per week at various daytime periods.
According to the interest, dates will be set up and everyone will be notified. This will be around mid-May. Sign up at the Fitness Centre desk and let’s go rowing!
► INDOOR FOOTWEAR REMINDER. In order to keep our fitness centre and equipment looking its best (as well as for safety reasons) we are enforcing a strict indoor only shoe rule. Thank you for your cooperation.
Improve your game this season with the Academy. All 2018 programs and prices are now available at: PredatorRidge.com/Golf
► MAY SWING LIKE A GIRL CLINIC DATES
- Sunday, May 6 with Kyla Inaba
- Wednesday, May 9 with A.J. Eathorne
- Friday, May 11 with A.J. Eathorne
- Saturday, May 19 with Kyla Inaba
- + Click to see full details including clinic itinerary
► Charity Golf Clinic with Lisa "Longball" Vlooswyk
- Learn how to hit the ball longer, straighter and better with 8-time Canadian Long Drive Champion who currently holds the Canadian Women's Long Drive record at 350 yards, 2 feet and 2 inches.
DATE: Friday, May 25
TIME: 4:00 - 5:00pm
WHERE: on the Practice Facility
INCLUDES: 1 hour presentation, tip sheet, one glass of wine and small snacks
TICKETS: available online only at: Store.PredatorRidge.com (advanced purchase required)
More details at: PredatorRidge.com/Events
► THURSDAY GOLF CLINICS with Kyla Inaba
- Clinics run every Thursday for 4 weeks
Session 1: April 19, April 26, May 3 & May 10
Session 2: May 24, May 31, June 7 & June 14
- Beginners (25+ handicap): 9:00am - 10:00am
- Intermediate (10-24 handicap): 10:30am - 11:30am
- Cost: $120/person* for 4 weeks or $35/person* drop-in
► FITNESS & GOLF FUNDAMENTALS with Kyla Inaba
- A NEW 4-week program focused on fundamentals of the full swing, putting and dynamic golf fitness exercises. Perfect for beginner golfers.
- Sessions run every Tuesday from 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Session 1: May 1, May 8, May 15 & May 22
Session 2: June 5, June 12, June 19 & June 26
Session 3: July 3, July 10, July 17 & July 24
Session 4: August 7, August 14, August 21 & August 28
- Cost: $120/person*
- Add a TPI Fitness Assessment $100/person*
- Add a TPI Fitness and Swing Assessment $175/person*
► GOLF, YOGA & WINE RETREAT
Led by Kyla Inaba, indulge in a 2-day retreat filled with invigorating yoga, golf and Okanagan wine delicious food.
DATES: May 26-27
Includes: 2 x 1-hour yoga classes, 3-hours of group golf instruction, 9-hole golf playing lesson, 2 lunches and a Scenic Sip Wine Tasting tour. Minimum of 6 participants required for program to run.
DAY 1 (Saturday)
9am - 10am: 1-hour yoga outdoor class on scenic yoga platform
11am - 1pm: 2-hour group golf instruction
1pm - 2pm: Lunch at Range Lounge & Grill
3pm: Scenic Sip Wine Tasting tour with Elite Mile
DAY 2 (Sunday)
9am - 10am: 1-hour yoga outdoor class on scenic yoga platform
11am - 12pm: 1-hour group golf instruction (boxed lunch will be provided)
12pm - 3pm: 9-hole group playing lesson
3pm: Weekend review and a glass of wine
For any questions or to book any Academy program, please call our team at: (250) 542-3436 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
► ONLINE BOOKING
On April 24th our new Members Website (Members.PredatorRidge.com) was launched allowing you to book tee times online and view your member accounts, statements, and detailed receipts for any charges online. We have offered training seminars throughout April to introduce the new system, procedures, and policies. If you missed these seminars no need to worry! Member Services is here to assist you in learning how to use and navigate the new site. Please arrange a time through email@example.com to have us walk you through the site. Please note that you will need to validate your account before you can use it. + Click here for instructions
► CLUB STORAGE
Club Storage is now full for the 2018 season, we are taking waitlist requests in the event some spots open. Please see Member Services if you would like to be added to the wait list.
► DUES PAYMENT
Dues have been processed to your account as of April 1st and can now be paid. 2018 season dues are:
- Individuals: $3,000 + tax
- Couples: $5,400+ tax
- Society Upgrade Program: $1,500 + tax
- Cottage Rental Program: $1,500 + tax
- Inactive Membership Status (Per Person): $1,800 + tax
For 2018, cash, cheque or debit will be accepted for payment. As disclosed in 2015, we are no longer accepting credit cards as a form of payment for annual dues. Payment must be received by: May 31, 2018
If payment is not received by: June 1, 2018 a non-refundable, $250 late fee will be applied to your account. All member benefits will then be suspended which includes playing privileges. After June 1, 2018 any member who had previously declined activation and then decides to opt-in for dues will not receive any further proration of fees.
► GOLF CANADA HANDICAP FEE
This year, and moving forward, a fee for your Golf Canada Handicap has been charged to your account. This fee is optional. If you wish not to have a Golf Canada account and have this fee reversed please notify Brent Mann at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Cameron Craig at email@example.com. Your Golf Canada account will be put into an Inactive status and previous scores entered will not be lost. You can reactivate your account at any time and the fee will be reassessed.
► 2018 MEMBER EVENTS
We've got a lot of great events planned for the 2018 season. Sign up is now available inside of Member Services
The WOW Factor in Family Generational Cruising
Time to get the whole family together? Perhaps you'll soon be celebrating a special anniversary? Be the hero of your family when you plan a family reunion aboard one of RCCL's Oasis Class ships.
The cruise line that can address the needs and budgets of all family members and deliver a magical vacation memory for years to come. Travel in style - Travel in safety - Travel with those you love.
Guest: Shane Buksh - Sales Manager, Western Canada RCCL
Learn how Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines can be that lifetime event for the whole family.
TRAVEL TALK #5
DATE: Thursday, May 10
WHERE: Clubhouse Meeting Room (lower level of Clubhouse)
* Please ensure you RSVP by May 7 - if you are planning on attending this session. If we do not have enough participation, the talks will unfortunately need to be cancelled.
TRAVEL PICKS updated regularly on the Homeowner Intranet Site Discussion Board Forum. (homeowners.predatorridge.com)
ANNUAL SPRING TOWNHALL MEETING
DATE: Wednesday, May 9
TIME: 6:00pm – 8:00pm
WHERE: The Commonage Ballroom (lower level of Clubhouse)
Join Brad Pelletier and the Predator Ridge Team to learn more about what we've got planned this season, including more details on our new amenities and Homeowner & Member events. We will also provide you with a general community and development update including details on The Commonage neighborhood and Golf Course Realignment. Come out and meet some of our new team members and hear from a few key team members on what you can look forward to in the upcoming season.
We welcome any questions you may have during the sessions or invite you to send any questions ahead of time to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you all at this event.
This May the Vernon Folk-Roots Music Society proudly present, The Slocan Ramblers Roadshow.
The Slocan Ramblers are Canada’s young bluegrass band to watch. Rooted in the tradition, fearlessly creative, and possessing a bold, dynamic sound, The Slocans (2015 Edmonton Folk Fest Emerging Artist Award recipients), have quickly become a leading light of Canada’s roots music scene, built on their reputation for energetic live shows, impeccable musicianship and their uncanny ability to convert anyone within earshot into a lifelong fan.
DATE: Saturday, May 12, 2018
WHERE: Vernon Lodge, 3914 32 Street, Vernon
TIME: Doors open at 6:30pm, concert at 7:30pm
Food and beverages will be available at the show, so please arrive early and hungry!
COST: Tickets $30 | VFRMS members $25
- Tickets are on sale now at www.ticketseller.ca
- Or at the door (cash only)
Registration is now open for the 16th annual Wine Women & Woods tournament raising funds for cancer equipment at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital.
Proudly presented by The Paul Docksteader Foundation
WHEN: Saturday, May 26, 2018
TIME: 1:30pm - 11:00pm
DETAILS: 9-holes on the Predator Course and 3 putting holes, followed by an Evening Gala & 19th hole reception with live & silent auction.
NEW THIS YEAR: Teams of 4 will have the option to add a 5th person (male or female) as a caddie.
THEME: It's Wine Time!